JS Easy Social Icons
Cherrybrook Table Tennis Club commissioned a new Ranking System in the 2017/18 season. This document will provide a guide of how points are calculated using the new system. This explantion is copied from the Table Tennis England website.
Our old Central Ratings system was used in 2014 and highly successful but the SNDTTA and TTNSW banned us using the American system because they were fearful that some of our results would contaminate their results because they wanted to jump on the bandwagon and use it. There was such a plethora of emails, threats and directions to explain ourselves at meetings that we escaped the pressure and headaches by ditching the system. The benefit is that we devised our own system in 2017 which we control fully , are not subject to web hacked downtime and fully control how the calculations are carried out.
The old system was also very time-consuming in learning, setting up and updating the weekley scores. In fact the system is so slow that a Melbourne guy has devised a complex spreadsheet in entering scores, but it is overly complex and results can take a day or two to appear on the website, and any problems must be resolved when the web administrator wakes up in America. Our new system has a number of major improvements which will lead to more accurate, faster and fairer ratings for all.
Major changes in the new system are:
- We now operate on two single seasons titled Easter and Xmas
- Improvements have been made to decrease the amount of time it takes to achieve a new correct rating and appear on the lists.
- Input errors, when corrected, are recalculated from the date of the play, leading to more accurate ratings for all
- Calculations are transparent and can be checked by the player, compared to the Ratings Central system which could be likened to whithcraft regarding the statistical complexity and lack of access to the actual graphs used for its workings.
This guide aims to cover how the principles of the Ranking Scheme work in a manner suitable for the experienced and novice alike. Should you have any questions unanswered by this guide, please contact us on the Contact page and we will endeavor to answer them for you.
- Created: 09 April 2017 09 April 2017
- Hits: 1230 1230